Practicing English with vOzers :D - Page 2487 - vozForums
vozForums
Go Back   vozForums > Góc học tập > Học ngoại ngữ

Old 08-10-2019, 02:19

Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindo2990 View Post
writing freely

I don't know that Kindle is a gadget or device either. But for me, it's the most useful thing that I've had. I bought and used it for about two years. My first purpose when I chose it because I wanted to improve my reading skill even though I've got dozen another useful things.
For example, I haven't been owning my house at that moment, so my Kindle is helpful to save my room and movement.
Beside that, I can read books in a dark room or whenever, wherever I want. It's slim and light too, so it's easy to put into jean's back bag. I'm also not annoyed as I read thick and heavy books. Most current books have e-book versions so I can buy or sometimes I have to download a crack version when the e-books are invaluable.
I almost forgot a point that a mistake if I don't tell you about the best of Kindle's feature. Kindle has an e-ink technology that is incredible because it makes my feel reading same as a real paper. The other side It don't have back light, thus your eyes will be protected.
Since I've had my electric book, I often read books on it. However, I always read the real books whenever I have an opportunity because it's a great experience without anything instead.
Quote:
writing freely AND CORRECTLY

I don't know if/ whether *cách* a/ my Kindle is a gadget or a device. But for me, it's the most useful thing that I have. I bought and have used it for about two years (*). My first purpose when I chose it was because I wanted to improve my reading skills even though I had dozens of other useful things.

Specifically , I already had my house at that time, so my Kindle was helpful to save my room and movement (khúc này không hiểu gì hớt). Beside that, I can read books in a dark room or whenever and wherever I want. It's slim and light too, so it's easy to put into my pockets. I'm also not as annoyed as when I read thick and heavy books. Most current books have e-book versions so I can buy or sometimes I have to download pirate versions when e-books are not purchasable. There is one a point that would be an oversight if I didn't tell you about - the Kindle's best feature. Kindles have e-ink technology ,which is incredible because it makes me feel like I was looking at real paper. Furthermore/ additionally it doesn't have back light, thus your eyes will be protected.

Since I have my electric book reader, I often read books on it. However, I always try to read printed/ traditional books whenever I have an opportunity because it's a great experience that nothing can compare/ that nothing can come close.
Một số vấn đề cơ bản cần sửa càng lập tức càng tốt
- câu hỏi tường thuật, if/ whether + clause (SVO). E.g. I don't know if/ whether she loves me (or not).
- article a/an/ the trước danh từ. E.g. a bike, the trees in front of my house, an inspiration, etc.
- các thì và cách chia động từ
- 1 clause (ngữ), hiểu đơn giản là 1 câu thì phải có Verb. E.g. the girl who is sitting over there(S) is(V) my girlfriend(O)
- từ sở hữu my her his A's thì luôn đi với 1 danh từ ở sau. E.g. my shoes, my cock, her cat, etc.
- mệnh đề quan hệ
- từ nối (thà không có. Bác dùng lung tung, đọc nó sao sao ấy)
- so sánh as...as thì phải có as đầu. E.g. your English is not as bad (as mine).
- không được dùng dấu "," để liệt kê 2 thứ, phải dùng "and". E.g. A and B, my girlfriend and me.
Trên 2 thứ thì phải dùng and trước cái cuối. E.g. A, B, and C; my girlfriend, her ex, and me.
Nhiều quá thì nhớ thêm "and so on" hoặc ", etc."

Các chi tiết nho nhỏ khác
- "skill" thì hay có s -> "skills"
- (*) cái này về thì. Câu này khá quan trọng, nếu "used" thì sau nó quá khứ hết, "have been using/ have used" thì hiện tại hết.
Em sửa: I bought it 2 years ago and have been using/ have used it since (then) -> cả bài hiện tại đơn
- "my first purpose" nghe không thuận nhưng không sai. Có thể đổi thành "only purpose" hoặc đổi luôn thành "At first, my only purpose... was...". Nhưng trong bài bác nêu mỗi 1 purpose nên em nghĩ là "my main/ only purpose" hợp nhất.
- chia đoạn văn nữa. Cái này y chóc tập làm văn, do em ngu văn nên viết engrisk cũng ngu theo.
- ông thầy c3 em nói không dc dùng dấu "," để tách 2 clause (câu). Trong các câu ghép (2 clause trở lên) thì phải dùng từ nối (so, and, but,...). Nhưng em thấy khá nhiều báo sách dùng dấu ",". Túm cáy váy lại thì tốt nhất bác nên dùng từ nối, tập cho quen.

Buồn ngủ, cào phím trên điện thoại, thiếu sót là không thể tránh khỏi

Last edited by tmh_0412; 08-10-2019 at 18:29.
Old 08-10-2019, 16:21
Đã tốn tiền

Lười liếc qua bài gốc thôi, bác tmh sửa chắc cũng đúng kha khá rồi, mà có cái là e-ink technology that is incredible sao cả hai người không viết luôn là incredible e-ink technology đi Và có cái gì mà most useful thing that I've had là hoàn toàn đúng nhé, nói have cũng được mà nghĩa nó hơi khác nhau chút. Bản gốc là từ trc đến nay so kindle với toàn bộ mọi thứ bác í đã từng sở hữu; còn (currently) have thì chỉ là trong mớ đồ hiện tại.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao_la_giang View Post
I'm 25, currently living in the UK for my MSc degree. If I wasn't so hungry for new knowledge, then I'd be probably at home right now. But who knows... sometimes your decisions simply lead you to a new land.

"Rubbish... Why would you want to be back in Vietnam when you're in a better country?" You might say. But I do. I really do. I desperately do. I wholeheartedly do.

I've seen countless posts on this forum about why you should leave Vietnam for another country and settle down there. I understand why they think that. It's just that settling down in a foreign country isn't for everyone. In fact, it does not guarantee a happier life.

By the way, this version of the song is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcKAWmyeUg
No need to worry, after graduation you will be sent back to Vietnam. If you want to be an immigrant, Europe is not a good ideal for the Asian
And yes, I know, I won't have a happier life as an immigrant, in fact, I have to work harder and get lesser and live with their racism.
However, I don't want a happier life so as to move to foreign countries. I want to breath fresh air, healthy food, my children can have better education quality.
I DO LOVE MY MOTHERLAND, but I can not do anything to help her. So, I WILL LEAVE.

Sent from Samsung SM-G532G using vozFApp
Old 09-10-2019, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Long Ko View Post
No need to worry, after graduation you will be sent back to Vietnam. If you want to be an immigrant, Europe is not a good ideal idea for the Asian
And yes, I know, I won't have a happier life as an immigrant, in fact, I have to work harder and get lesser and live with their racism.
However, I don't want a happier life so as to move to foreign countries. I want to breath fresh air, healthy food, my children can have better education quality.
I DO LOVE MY MOTHERLAND, but I can not do anything to help her. So, I WILL LEAVE.

Sent from Samsung SM-G532G using vozFApp
(Just fixed a few minor grammars issues for you)

Actually, I can stay if I want, because I can find sponsorship for work. It's not that hard for me. It's just that I don't want to as I can do the same work at home, where I can truly be happy.

I admit, I'm lucky to be able to experience high education environments in both Vietnam and England. They are very much alike, more than you can think, as they require you to invest your time and effort into studying. For me, this MSc. opportunity is just a place to do some professional networking and that's all.

For food, hell no. The food here is horrible, and in fact, Vietnamese food is healthier if you look at nutrition facts. I do agree that the food here is some way cleaner, but I've seen Vietnamese aware more about food safety and it's definitely getting better every day.

Of course, my friend, this is your dream. If you believe it would make you happy, go for it. Even if when you did it and it actually did not make you feel so, you can always come back. I just tell you my story and my personal experience - the choice is still yours. The past is gone, the future is not certain. Only today is what matters.
Old 09-10-2019, 17:30
Đã tốn tiền

Em đang đuối Writing IELTS quá, có bác nào biết sách hay hoặc nơi nào dạy mà lên band nhanh để thi không nhỉ
Em đã học Ngocbach nhưng không thấy tiến triển nhiều lắm
Old 09-10-2019, 19:40

Quote:
(Just fixed a few minor grammars issues for you)

Actually, I can stay if I want, because I can find sponsorship for work. It's not that hard for me. It's just that I don't want to as I can do the same work at home, where I can truly be happy.

I admit, I'm lucky to be able to experience high education environments in both Vietnam and England. They are very much alike, more than you can think, as they require you to invest your time and effort into studying. For me, this MSc. opportunity is just a place to do some professional networking and that's all.

For food, hell no. The food here is horrible, and in fact, Vietnamese food is healthier if you look at nutrition facts. I do agree that the food here is some way cleaner, but I've seen Vietnamese aware more about food safety and it's definitely getting better every day.

Of course, my friend, this is your dream. If you believe it would make you happy, go for it. Even if when you did it and it actually did not make you feel so, you can always come back. I just tell you my story and my personal experience - the choice is still yours. The past is gone, the future is not certain. Only today is what matters.
Thank you for correcting me You are so lucky that you had studied high education environments in foreign country. This is what I alway want for my children.

I lived in a terrible social environment. In my seconadry school, some asshole brought knives to school for fighting That's why I hate my school . And all I want is to make more money so that my kids wouldn't have to go to that hell.

After all, each one has his own dream. Hope that your dream will come true.
Old 09-10-2019, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Long Ko View Post
Thank you for correcting me You are so lucky that you had studied high education environments in a foreign country. This is what I always want for my children.

I lived in a terrible social environment. In my secondary school, some asshole brought knives to school for fighting That's why I hate my school . And all I want is to make more money so that my kids wouldn't have to go to that hell.

After all, each one has his own dream. Hope that your dream will come true.
I studied secondary school in Hanoi, and I directly saw my schoolmate stabbed a guy in another class with a knife. With my own eyes. I saw policemen stood near the gate every time we got home.

I say that to you because even in a big city like Hanoi, or any developed countries, school bullying is a real pain. On the other hand, you hate your school doesn't mean other people, including your kids, will do. And moving to a foreign country doesn't mean that your kids would be free of that problem. In fact, a kid from a different race might be bullied even worse.

Few things for you to consider.
Old 09-10-2019, 22:19

Quote:
I studied secondary school in Hanoi, and I directly saw my schoolmate stabbed a guy in another class with using a knife with my own eyes. I saw Policemen were stood standing near the gate every time we got home.

I say that to you because even in a big city like Hanoi, or any developed countries, school bullying in school is a real pain. On the other hand, you hating your school doesn't mean other people, including your kids, will do too. And moving to a foreign country doesn't mean that your kids would be free of that problem. In fact, a kid from a different race might be bullied even worse.

Few things for you to consider.
Some corrections for your reply.
Sounded like you were insinuating that Hanoi is actually considered a developed country, in which case, is not even close. We are barely a 3rd world developing country.
Old 10-10-2019, 00:42

Cái thớt này dai vậy, 11 năm rồi
Old 10-10-2019, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrank View Post
Some corrections for your reply.
Sounded like you were insinuating that Hanoi is actually considered a developed country, in which case, (*)is not even close. We are barely a 3rd world developing country.
Do we need a subject here(*)